New Heating System for a Community Centre
- The heating system in a popular community centre had failed after many years of use. The system was old and the parts had become obsolete so repair was not an option.
- The local community had been fundraising for the project through a series of local fundraising events. Local businesses had also made donations.
- SUEZ Communities Trust contributed the remaining funding so that the work could be completed in time for the winter. This helped to avoid further disruption/cancellations.
- The community centre is available for hire and is used regularly by a wide range of groups focussed primarily focussed on leisure and recreation.
- The community centre met the criteria for Public Amenities.