Giving Toads a Helping Hand
- Natterjack Toads were given a helping hand with funding to help carry out important habitat improvement work.
- A small, coastal population of Toads was suffering from loss of habitat as their ponds were becoming overgrown and starting to dry out.
- The funding from SUEZ Communities Trust enabled a leading conservation charity to restore existing breeding ponds and excavate new ones – work which helps ensure the survival of an endangered species.
- All necessary consents were in place at the time the application was made which meant the work could be completed without delay and at a time which caused least disruption.
- The project helped to protect this priority species and met the criteria for Biodiversity.