Bringing Church Bells Back to Life
- The bells at this Grade I listed medieval church date back as far as the 1600s and had not been rung properly for 30 years due to their poor condition.
- SUEZ Communities Trust funding contributed towards the costs for a foundry to remove and restore the five bells before reinstalling them in new bells frames. At the same time a new 6th bell was added.
- The project was led by the church with great support from the local community. Local volunteers undertook some of the preparatory work themselves to lower the overall cost of the project.
- The church is open to the public every day.
- The project helped to restore an historic Grade I listed place of religious worship and met the criteria for Historic Buildings.